Backlanz Carbon bipod is proudly designed and manufactured in New Zealand using only the highest quality components. The carbon is a massive step forward in engineering giving you all the features you ever wanted in a bipod whilst only weighing 158g.
The Carbon’s main frame is manufactured from Titanium 64 which has over 3 times the strength of steel and is almost half the weight. Using this material allows us to build a superior light weight bipod that just would not be possible materials like Aluminium.
The legs are manufactured from Carbon Fibre and are extendable from 9 to 13.5” inches (230 mm to 345 mm) giving you a total ground to stock height of 310mm. The legs have 7 angles of adjustment each including legs stowed back, 30°, 60°, 90° (legs straight down), 120°, 150° and stowed forward. Titanium spiked feet are standard with tethered rubber caps.
Our patent pending spring loaded latching design allows for the bipod to sit on the rifle full time if needed just like a normal bipod would but can be attached and detached quickly at the push of a button without having to remove your sling. Whilst doing all this the spring loaded ball joint connection allows pivoting to compensate for uneven ground and panning for following or shooting at multiple targets.
The mounting bracket is designed to sit on the rifle full time. This Titanium bracket is intelligently designed and manufactured to add less than 15 grams of weight to your rifle. Install simply by removing your existing sling stud and replace it with matching threaded ball stud supplied. Your sling will mount directly to the mounting bracket. Got more than one rifle? Simply purchase more mounting brackets. Please refer to our list below of non-compatible rifles. These rifles will require custom fitting.
- Bipod weight 158g (5.57 oz)
- Detachable and attachable at the push of a button
- Multiple leg positions – stowed back, 30°, 60°, 90° (legs straight down), 120°, 150° and stowed forward – the most adjustment on the market
- Long extendable legs (9” to 13.5”)
- Titanium spikes with tethered rubber caps
- Pivoting for compensating on uneven ground
- Panning for the ability to follow targets and ease of set up in an awkward situation
- Easily installed onto most standard rifles without having to alter your stock
- Easily moved between rifles – with additional mounting brackets
- Rifle easily fits into gun bags when the bipod is detached
- Allows better rifle balance for shooting free hand when the bipod is detached
- Sling attaches to the mounting bracket allowing the rifle to be comfortably carried
- Bipod comes with 1 x Universal Mounting Bracket
- USA Patent Application Number 16/569,822
- NZ Patent Application Number 757276
- Australian Patent Application Number 2019229526
Rifles that will require custom fitting:
- Sauer 100
- Sako 85 Bavarian Walnut Stock
- Steyer Pro Hunter S/S
- Older rifles with wooden stocks
We offer a free custom fit service to New Zealand customers. Send us your stock and we will return your rifle with the bipod fitted. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.
This list is subject to change as we become aware of non-compatible rifles.